Many of you may be aware that Caesar II 2014 has been released and most of you have not yet got chance to use it. Fortunately I have got chance to use the same. So in this article I wish to share the practical changes which I can find while using latest version of the software. Hope it will be helpful for you.
- In configuration settings under SIFs and Stresses they have rearranged the earlier options. No change is found but they have grouped the option in some categories. Refer Fig. 1 to have a look into it.
- The latest version uses ASME B 31.3-2012 code equations and hence to calculate stresses it requires several additional data for branch connections. Accordingly the SIF input window has been modified as shown in Fig. 2. The additional data windows are highlighted in the figure.
- While creating load cases if you click on recommend it is creating maximum-minimum temperature expansion type load case on its own. In earlier versions we had to do that manually. So number of load cases is now increasing. Refer Fig. 3 ti find Caesar II recommended load cases for a typical piping system handling three different temperatures, T1, T2 and T3. The additional expansion load cases are highlighted for your reference.
- Now you don’t require remembering the node numbers for measuring distance between two points in Caesar II. Similar to Navisworks or SPR or 3D design software’s (PDS, PDMS etc) now it is possible in Caesar II to click two points for measuring distances between them. The distance and clicked points will be highlighted in Caesar II similar to design softwares. Refer Fig. 4 for checking the same.
Fig. 4: Measuring distance between two nodes in Caesar II-2014
- In latest version whenever you change any properties in input spreadsheet the same is immediately updated in graphics. No need to click on the same parameter to view the updated properties. For example if you look temperature T1 in graphics window and then change temp of some part of the line same is reflected in real time.
I will keep on adding the other changes whatever I find while using the latest software. The major technical and other changes had been published earlier. Click here to refer the same.