This workshop was performed during Plant Engineering Workshop 2020 (PEW20) at the International Institute of Plant Engineering and Design (InPED).
In this workshop recording you will see:
- How to model the pressure vessel
- How to consider vessel thermal expansion
- How to consider the vessel nozzle flexibility
- What is the global and local flexibility?
- How to check the nozzle allowable loads
- How to check the nozzle stresses using WRC 537/297 and Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- How to model the pump, turbine, compressor
- How to check the allowable loads on pump, turbine, compressor
- How to reduce the loadы on equipment
- How to consider the more accurate tee flexibilities and SIF factors using ASME B31J
- How to model the tank nozzle flexibilities, subsidence, bulging, and thermal expansions
- How to check the tank nozzle loads using API 650 and Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- How to create the load cases with different temperatures, pressures, etc.
- How to avoid the zero anchor loads
- How to model the buried piping, what is a restrained and unrestrained zone
- How to model the water hammer loads
- How to add the seismic loads