The new release of Pipe Stress Analysis Software PASS/START-PROF 4.85 R5 is available for download. Responding to the demands of the worldwide engineering market, PSRE Co has added the support of ASME B31.3-2020 code for process piping to the newest version of PASS/START-PROF, a smart and easy solution for pipe stress analysis.
The new software release supports the following updated codes:
- ASME B31.3-2020 Process Piping (USA);
- SP 20.13330.2016 addenda 3 Loads and Actions (Russia);
Due to the deletion of appendix D in ASME B31.3-2020, now the SIF and k-factors are always automatically calculated according to ASME B31J.
Updated occasional allowable stress calculation for high-pressure piping.
Updated the allowable stresses for ASME B31.3-2020 high-pressure piping in the material database.
Updated Minimum Design Metal Temperature (MDMT) calculation to ASME B31.3-2020 edition:
Significantly improved the converter from CAESAR II into PASS/START-PROF:
- Improved temperatures T, pressures P, and support movements D from load case editor with automatic recalculation for operation mode editor
- Added import of uniform loads U and concentrated forces F from load case editor
- Added the zero-length and finite-length expansion joints conversion with automatic recalculation of flexibilities according to CAESAR II and START-PROF rules
- Added conversion of restraints that are non-parallel to the axes X, Y, Z
- Added conversion of the most popular CNODE techniques of application (support displacements, nozzles, etc.)
- Added flange conversion with leakage check parameters
- Added ability to drag-and-drop *.cii files into START-PROF
- Changed the order of node numbering
- Improved units conversion
- Improved test pressure conversion
- Improved rigid element conversion
- Improved material conversion, spring conversion
- Fixed a lot of other issues based on 300 real CAESAR II (*.cii) models conversion sent to us by customers
- As the result, 90% of imported models now can be immediately analyzed without any issues and error messages
Improved direct two-way interface with AVEVA E3D, PDMS, MARINE (START-AVEVA):
- Added option for importing the trunnion accurate model
- Added global coordinates
- Added ability to import element name using parameter 449
- Improved user guide
- Added improvements suggested by users
Improved Import from PCF format:
- Added message if the base node is not set
- Fixed transfer of crotch height (parameter 24)
- Transfer of bend through attribute TAG
- Other improvements
To learn about all new PASS/START-PROF 4.85 capabilities, please visit Knowledge Database.
To download the trial version please read this article.
We recommend all customers with active maintenance download PASS/START-PROF 4.85. To update your dongle, please send a request to email@example.com.