- Are you a newcomer to the Oil & Gas industry?
- Have you ever wondered how Oil& Gas Sector Works?
- Are you preparing for your next Oil& Gas Interview and want to learn the basics with a short time span?
- Are you working in Oil& Gas Sector and wish to have a broad and comprehensive overview of the industry?
- Are you already an expert but wish to recapitulate your knowledge once again by spending simply an hour?
- Are you planning to get a complete overview of the oil and gas industry from its origin, exploration methods and production processes in brief?
If your answer to any of the above questions is yes then this course by Energy Academics is definitely for you. Now, more than ever is the time to take this course! The industry faces some difficult challenges and those working in the industry and members of the public need to better understand the complexities of this environment. This course is specifically designed by experts to help you learn the following points:
- Understand the fundamental characteristics of oil & gas
- Appreciate the history and know the major players in the industry
- Recognize how oil and gas were formed
- Identify the key methods used for oil and gas exploration
- Realize the key steps involved in drilling an oil or gas well
- Grasp the fundamental of production and platform processing
- Comprehend the key techniques used to maximize oil recovery
- Identify details on the transport, storage, and refining of crude oil
- Comprehend the importance of decommissioning
- Have an insight into working offshore
About This Course
Oil & Gas supports the very fabric of our modern, connected, switched-on society and has become central to our way of life. From car fuel to electricity, to petrochemicals and plastics, Oil & Gas as an energy source plays a vital role in our current energy mix. If you’re new to the industry or ever wondered how it all works, this is the course for you!
Become familiar with the various phases of the Oil and Gas value chain, upstream, midstream and downstream – recognize key industry players and understand the lifecycle of an oil and gas field from seismic surveys and geology to drilling engineering and production and all the way through to decommissioning.
Whatever your motivation, this course is designed to add value to your learning by delivering an overall picture of how this remarkable industry works with both technical and commercial know-how. With a modern approach to learning, we can ensure that you’ll get both accurate and up-to-date knowledge of the oil and gas industry, wherever you are in the world.
What’s Included in the Course?
This course consists of 10 modules – audio recordings with accompanying annotated presentation material. Each module is divided into a series of short videos designed to optimize your learning experience.
You will start by exploring the uses and characteristics of oil & gas as well its history and you will develop a strong understanding of the key players in today’s industry. You will move on to look at how hydrocarbons are formed below the earth’s surface and how these are oil and gas companies use survey methods and seismic techniques to explore these energy resources. Next, you will gain an insight into drilling operations, the production, and platform processing involved and the transport, storage, and refining of crude oil and natural gas. In the final part of the course, you will gain sound knowledge on the decommissioning process of oil and gas installation and acquire an insight into working offshore.
How does it Work?
The course is broken down into 10 modules as shown in the attached image (Fig. 1), which consists of a detailed presentation accompanied by an audio lecture that takes about 1 hour to complete. Each module is divided into its major topics which are presented with slide annotations. This ensures that the material is easy to digest enhancing your learning experience.
Who should attend this course?
There are no academic qualifications, skills or experience pre-requisites to take this Introduction to Oil and Gas course. The course is designed to give a newcomer to the industry an opportunity to explore the oil and gas industry from the formation of hydrocarbons to the decommissioning of installations.
How to Enroll for this Course: To enroll for this course simply click here and then enroll yourself and start enjoying your learning.