What is Autodesk REVIT
Autodesk REVIT is modeling software used mainly by Mechanical, Civil, Architectural engineers and designers. It offers a collaborative and multi-disciplinary approach for design and construction projects. Using this software, Engineers can produce a detailed model of plants, buildings, and infrastructure. REVIT offers features of work-sharing between interface disciplines and saving the work. It helps project teams to reduce costs and achieve better outcomes.
The Stress Analysis Software PASS/START-PROF provides an import feature so that the model can be directly imported into PASS/START-PROF and can be used as analysis input. This feature not only helps in reducing modeling time but also removes man-made modeling errors completely.
This video shows, how to import a piping model from Autodesk REVIT into PASS/START-PROF Piping Stress Analysis Software.
What is PASS/START-PROF
PASS/START-PROF is a part of the powerful and integrated PASS Suite:
- PASS/START-PROF for piping system stress analysis of any size and complexity
- PASS/EQUIP for pressure vessel design and analysis
- PASS/HYDRO SYSTEM for piping systems fluid flow analysis of any size and complexity
- PASS/NOZZLE-FEM for nozzle flexibility and stress analysis, SIF and k-factor calculation for tees not covered by ASME B31 codes (lateral, D/T>100, etc.)
Methods for Importing Autodesk REVIT into PASS/START-PROF
Export from Autodesk REVIT can be performed using a special plug-in for Autodesk REVIT. Export can be done in two steps:
- Select Revit to START-PROF plugin, select piping, export into START-PROF neutral format file
- Open START-PROF and open neutral format file
Video Tutorial to Import Autodesk REVIT Model into PASS/START-PROF
Few more useful Resources for You..
Stress Analysis using Start-Prof
Stress Analysis Basics
Stress Analysis using Caesar II
Piping Design and Layout Basics
Piping Materials Basics