This post is solely for beginners in the Piping industry. If you want to learn the basics from books or literature then try the following 12 listed books. Most of the experienced piping professionals will be aware of this. Most of the books/literature mentioned below are available for free downloading over the internet. You can buy these books on amazon. Simply do an exclusive search on the internet and you will find few links to download the books for free.
- PIPE STRESS ENGINEERING by Peng: This is the best book on piping stress engineering. If you are planning a career in piping stress analysis then you must collect this book and read effectively to build solid basics. This book explains the ideas so nicely that it will provide effective results to you.
- DESIGN OF PIPING SYSTEMS by M W Kellogg Company: Second best book on Piping stress analysis. Even though the language is difficult and contents are not interesting but still this book shares a great place for describing the topics effectively and was the best book earlier before the Peng book.
- INTRODUCTION TO PIPE STRESS ANALYSIS by Sam Kannapan: One of the best books on Piping stress analysis. Easy to understand.
- COADE STRESS ANALYSIS SEMINAR NOTES by COADE: Must have a tutorial guide for every piping stress engineer using CAESAR II. Explains in details all the basics of Caesar II application.
- PIPING HANDBOOK by M L Nayyar: One good book for both stress and layout engineers with the huge important databases on piping engineering. Refer this book for any data you require during your day to day piping works.
- PIPE DRAFTING AND DESIGN by Rhea and Perisher: The best book for a beginner. Covers the basics in simple language. Very easy to understand.
- PROCESS PLANT LAYOUT AND PIPING DESIGN by Hunt and Bausbacher: The best book for a piping layout engineer. Covers the basics of the piping layout. Most of the preliminary layout ideas connected to any equipment evolve from this book. So read this book attentively for effective layout knowledge.
- PROCESS PIPING DRAFTING By Rip Weaver: A very nice book in simple easy to understand language.
- PIPING DESIGN HANDBOOK by John Mcketta: One of the good books.
- THE PLANNING GUIDE TO PIPING DESIGN by Richard Beale and
- THE FUNDAMENTALS OF PIPING DESIGN by Peter Smith
One must-have book for piping materials engineers is PIPING MATERIALS GUIDE by Peter Smith
All of You are already aware that books are our best friends. It helps us without charging us. So enjoy reading.