Those who are extensively using Caesar II software must have noted that sometimes few Caesar II files got corrupted due to some reason. And modeling the same file from isometric again is time consuming. At the same time the man hour used is lost without any fruitful result. The same happened to me yesterday. Unconsciously I deleted the required file and i was a bit worried as i had to redo the modeling again.
In such situation you can easily restore the complete Caesar model without much pain. This write up will try to explain the method of restoring the Caesar II file which is corrupted or deleted by mistake. However this will only work if you have performed the run function at least once. The load cases what you made will be lost and you have to make new load cases for the analysis. And i feel that’s better as making load cases does not take much time.
Whenever you prepare any Caesar file and then run the file for analysis a backup file of the stress system is automatically generated in the PC. Later that back up file can be used to restore the required Caesar file again.The steps are as follows:
1. Click the open button on Caesar II and you will get the following screen.
2. Now click on the System button on the right side as shown in the above picture.
3. After that page up button on top and you will get the following screen.
4. Now Click on the back up file as shown in the above figure and choose your file. You must remember the file name to restore the same. Choose the latest file as per date and time to get the most updated information.
5. The Caesar file will be restored for you. Now save that file to the location where you want that to be and make the load cases as per your requirement for analysis. Hope this helps you to resolve few of your problems and save man hour.